Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cantonese dictation stopped working in iOS 16

I am able to dictate in English and Mandarin but for some reason whenever I try to dictate in Cantonese hk, it either exits out immediately or it displays the loading circle for forever. I’ve tried adding and removing the keyboard, restarting my phone, and turning dictation off and on. Cantonese is enabled as a dictation language under settings and was working fine a month ago. Has anyone else encountered this issue and does anyone have a solution? Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:07 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 5, 2022 6:41 PM in response to Bleung16

Hello Bleung16,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Let's ensure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 16.0.2. Having the latest update helps provide software improvements that can help you in this situation. Here's how:

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.

2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.

3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.

4. Choose the software update that you want to install. You can choose to stay on iOS or iPadOS 15 and still get important security updates. Or you can choose the option to upgrade to iOS or iPadOS 16.

The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.

5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If you are updated to the latest version of iOS 16.0.2, we suggest contacting Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Apple Support

Kind regards.

Cantonese dictation stopped working in iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.