Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam attack

I just received the following: "This is an invoice for your recent purchase of Microsoft subscription. Your exchange of $389.99 is gotten and your protection is presently ready for action once more."

I had no knowledge of ever having subscribed to this service, so I checked my PayPal account and then used Activity Monitor to see if it was in my computer. It wasn't.

I then clicked on "unsubscribe," but nothing happened. I then called the number that was given to me, but no one answered

Is there somewhere I can send the file for further investigation/prosecution?

I

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 3:42 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 2:52 AM in response to Niku

How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1  
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

To add to previous good advise - some of the Call Back Phone Numbers may involve a Charge to your phone bill. That is how they make their money, in some cases .

So check you next bill carefully.

Oct 4, 2022 3:48 PM in response to Niku

Yes, it's spam. Do not call any numbers in the email. Do not click any links in the email. Delete it.

I probably get half a dozen or more "invoices" for Norton Anti-Virus every week. I haven't let a Norton product near my computer in twenty years.

If you're using Apple Mail, see here for more information about using spam filters:

Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Spam attack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.