Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 10.12.6. What is the safest way to upgrade to 10.13? I cannot download any of the 10.13.2 or higher since I do not have 10.13 installed. I don't care about paying for it, I just need to get it. Thanks/

I have 10.12.6. What is the safest way to upgrade to 10.13? I cannot download any of the 10.13.2 or higher since I do not have 10.13 installed. I don't care about paying for it, I just need to get it. Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:53 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and then on the download link for High Sierra. Ones elsewhere on Apple's website are updaters and can't be used for a full-version upgrade.

(226091)

6 replies

Oct 4, 2022 8:09 PM in response to buddy6713

The full installer...

macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications

General Requirements

• OS X 10.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 14.3GB of available storage to perform upgrade*
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
  • Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

Oct 5, 2022 12:17 PM in response to buddy6713

buddy6713 wrote:

Thank you so very much! I've never backed up an entire system before. What's a good way to go about this?.

Don’t bother with the backups then, because much of the data here is clearly worthless. About the only way to show that data has value is with backups. Anything else is just asking for trouble, or data loss, or Really Expensive data recovery services, or expensive services and data loss.

All hardware eventually and inevitably fails, what doesn’t get lost or stolen or dunked or dropped first.

If you’ve changed your mind about the value of your data, and decided that your data does have value, and that your data should have backups, then Time Machine to a hard disk drive is common choice.

Here is how to: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Yes, I’m being harsh here, but I’ve also met way too many people that have lost irreplaceable photos and files and memories.

I have 10.12.6. What is the safest way to upgrade to 10.13? I cannot download any of the 10.13.2 or higher since I do not have 10.13 installed. I don't care about paying for it, I just need to get it. Thanks/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.