Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my lost Apple Pencil?

I lost my Apple Pencil in my apartment and sadly there is no connection to my iPad and it’s quite annoying on how Apple Pencil aren’t compatible with find my phone so what do I do?!?

(and I’m not buying a new one

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 4:05 AM

There are no technical methods by which to locate a lost or mislaid Apple Pencil - any more than you might be able to locate a traditional pen or pencil if mislaid. Given that an Apple Pencil will shut-off its Bluetooth radio (to save power and preserve its tiny battery) whenever the Pencil is inactive and motionless, Bluetooth is not a viable method to find a lost Pencil.

Regrettably, your only option to locate a Pencil is the Mark #1 eyeball…

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 4:05 AM in response to hafsah134

There are no technical methods by which to locate a lost or mislaid Apple Pencil - any more than you might be able to locate a traditional pen or pencil if mislaid. Given that an Apple Pencil will shut-off its Bluetooth radio (to save power and preserve its tiny battery) whenever the Pencil is inactive and motionless, Bluetooth is not a viable method to find a lost Pencil.

Regrettably, your only option to locate a Pencil is the Mark #1 eyeball…

How do I find my lost Apple Pencil?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.