Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find pdf files sent via airdrop on my ipad

I recently started sending multiple pdf files from my Macbook to my iPad. I got a prompt at first asking where to save the files but before I could tap a response the prompt vanished and my Macbook showed the files had been sent. The files were sent from the finder app on my Macbook. I looked at every possible location but I can't find these pdf files or the ones I sent afterward. I searched in files, Books, my WPS app, apple notes, goodnotes etc. none of the files come up in search. But when I send the files from my Mac, it still sends but it's nowhere to be seen.

Please help.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:09 AM

Addressing your specific problem, to find your lost PDF files, try using your iPad’s built-in Search function:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you know the name of the file - and the file was actually saved from the AirDrop transfer - it should be located. The native Search is the only search-tool that can search across all App containers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 2:09 AM in response to flowerstarr

Addressing your specific problem, to find your lost PDF files, try using your iPad’s built-in Search function:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you know the name of the file - and the file was actually saved from the AirDrop transfer - it should be located. The native Search is the only search-tool that can search across all App containers.

Oct 5, 2022 1:23 AM in response to flowerstarr

Those PDF files may not have gone anywhere because you did not specify where and what app you wish to save these files to on yout iPad

Have you checked the Files app under Downloads to see if any of those PDF files were downloaded to that location?

If not, no files were downloaded/transferred to your iPad.

You need an app,,on your iPad capable of storing and openmg PDFs,

That app may need to be a notes app ( possible Apple's own free Notes app ) or a third party notes app, a third party text or document app or a dedicated third party PDF reader or reader/editor app ( Goodnotes should have been fine, but if not, specifically told to save the PDFs there, then nothing would AirDrop/be sent/transferred there.

Just because Apple AirDrop states a file was sent, doesn't, neccessarily, mean the receiving device received anything.

Best of Luck to You!

I can't find pdf files sent via airdrop on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.