Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library Time Machine issue

My photo library was on an external hard drive and that drive failed. I did back that external drive up with Time Machine. I just bought a new iMac and I’m trying to restore my photo library from Time Machine backups onto my new computer but I’m having all kinds of problems and I’m really confused. I don’t know what to do.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 12:48 AM

Hi

Start here:

Restore a library from Time Machine in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

(If you haven't already, you may need to go to time machine preferences, and select the drive with the backup on it as the one used by time machine)

If anything there is unclear or doesn't work, get back to us - but please give detailed info on what you tried, and what happened. Screenshots help a lot 🙂

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 12:48 AM in response to iPunchYoFace

Hi

Start here:

Restore a library from Time Machine in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

(If you haven't already, you may need to go to time machine preferences, and select the drive with the backup on it as the one used by time machine)

If anything there is unclear or doesn't work, get back to us - but please give detailed info on what you tried, and what happened. Screenshots help a lot 🙂

Photo library Time Machine issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.