Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple store tax

Hiya i got a friend turkey when we want to buy a iphone 14 pro 256 gb when we entry zip code system adding about 1000 dolar tax. Just want to ask if she buy fron usa any store she ll still pay tax or not ?

thank you so much

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:33 AM

Tax is collected wherever an iPhone is sold per the tax laws in every location. Your friend cannot order an iPhone from the US Online Store from outside the US. Apple doesn't ship internationally. And iPhone warranty is not international. And if you do purchase an iPhone 14 Pro in the US, you'd better ensure your cellular provider supports eSim as no iPhone 14 Model sold in the US comes with a physical sim card slot. All are dual eSim.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 6:33 AM in response to recep241

Tax is collected wherever an iPhone is sold per the tax laws in every location. Your friend cannot order an iPhone from the US Online Store from outside the US. Apple doesn't ship internationally. And iPhone warranty is not international. And if you do purchase an iPhone 14 Pro in the US, you'd better ensure your cellular provider supports eSim as no iPhone 14 Model sold in the US comes with a physical sim card slot. All are dual eSim.

Oct 5, 2022 9:05 AM in response to recep241

I'm sure the 1099 you refer too is in your countries currency. The tax collected will be the tax for the county, city and state of the store the phone is purchased in and tax rates varies by municipality, so I can't tell you how much.

Also be advised iPhone 14 Pro is backordered in most locations, so there will be no guarantee the color, model and memory you seek will be just sitting in a store when your friend shows up.

Apple store tax

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.