Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've lost all my notes

My phone was repaired and when I got it back there was nothing in notes

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:33 AM

You must always backup your device before sending it for repair - as the repair process will erase all locally stored data.

If you have enabled Notes in iCloud, your Notes will still be accessible after your iPhone has been signed-in to your AppleID account using your AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Notes - set to ON

Otherwise, if not using iCloud, your Notes (and other files) may be present in your iCloud or iTunes backup if you have one - and can be restored to your iPad:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Ponty07

You must always backup your device before sending it for repair - as the repair process will erase all locally stored data.

If you have enabled Notes in iCloud, your Notes will still be accessible after your iPhone has been signed-in to your AppleID account using your AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Notes - set to ON

Otherwise, if not using iCloud, your Notes (and other files) may be present in your iCloud or iTunes backup if you have one - and can be restored to your iPad:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

I've lost all my notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.