Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy iTunes songs with no Apple Music Subscription

I refused to subscribe to Apple Music, I refuse to rent music, I want to purchase my music for good.

I just got a brand new MacBook computer, I open Apple Music, I can play all my previously purchased music, I see the link to iTunes Store on the left panel, but when I click on the iTunes Store link, it doesn't allow me to search. I have to use the Apple Music search to find the song that I want, and it will find it, but doesn't give me the option to purchase it, it just wants me to get a subscription so that I can listen to the song which I refuse to do.

I know this is an effort to make it difficult on the user, but there must be a way to buy a song from iTunes on a Mac, I just can't believe that they are refusing to sell you music ?

So what is the truck to get into iTunes, search for a song and buy it on a MacBook ?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:34 AM

I discovered how to do it, I disable Apple Music from Apple Music preference, I only left iTunes available, so now when I search for a song, I no longer get the option to listen to it via a subscription, the only option available is to purchase the song via iTunes. It is a shame that Apple makes it so hard to purchase a song these days. But if you try hard enough there is still a way to do it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Lokito

I discovered how to do it, I disable Apple Music from Apple Music preference, I only left iTunes available, so now when I search for a song, I no longer get the option to listen to it via a subscription, the only option available is to purchase the song via iTunes. It is a shame that Apple makes it so hard to purchase a song these days. But if you try hard enough there is still a way to do it.

How to buy iTunes songs with no Apple Music Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.