Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hotspot visible to only few devices

My iPhone hotspot visible to only few devises and not all

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:54 AM

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Also, check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:54 AM in response to SRDC

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Also, check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Oct 5, 2022 10:06 AM in response to SravanKrA

It is not that my iPhone’s network or hotspot isn’t working. It is working so can be seen and I can connect my other android phone to same. But out of 4 devices that I have it is only visible to one phone and others my laptop (windows) based , tab ( android) and smart TV can’t see it. So I am able to connect only that phone for others it isn’t visible

iPhone hotspot visible to only few devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.