Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

call history shows multiple contacts per entry

I upgraded to the iPhone 14 Monday. Since then my call history shows multiple contacts per entry. For example, when I call Leslie, it shows Paige and Leslie in the entry. It always shows the person I called along with a random person. I dialed a number directly to order take-out and it shows that number and my son in the call history. I haven't seen anything about this online. Anyone have the magic solution?

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 1:39 AM

Seeing the same behavior on a „single SIM“ iPhone.

I don’t want to loose my call history by deleting it. Instead I want Apple to fix this.

This might be solved for you/the OP, but definitely the root cause still exists and needs to get patched.

Update: Reported as bug at Feedback - iPhone - Apple. Do the same please in case you suffer from this too.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 1:39 AM in response to JEKB

Seeing the same behavior on a „single SIM“ iPhone.

I don’t want to loose my call history by deleting it. Instead I want Apple to fix this.

This might be solved for you/the OP, but definitely the root cause still exists and needs to get patched.

Update: Reported as bug at Feedback - iPhone - Apple. Do the same please in case you suffer from this too.

Oct 7, 2022 9:54 AM in response to Ben_Z1

Thanks Ben_Z1. No dual SIM and we have rebooted the phone. But, we did find the issue. Went to the local store and after doing a cloud backup that and starting to reset the phone, one employee walked up and said all we need to do is clear the call log. Once we did that it is functioning correctly. Who knew! Hopefully this helps someone else with this issue.

Oct 6, 2022 5:16 PM in response to JEKB

Hi there JEKB,

Since using Dual SIM with eSIM may be responsible for this behavior, are you using this feature or do you only have the one phone number associated with this iPhone. This shows how to check: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Have you reached out to your carrier so they can investigate this issue further on their end? We ask because the call log is usually a feature that your carrier supports.

Also, restarting your iPhone refreshes the software of your device and can resolve unexpected issues like this. This shows how: Restart your iPhone

Cheers!

call history shows multiple contacts per entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.