Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted browsing suggestions

I’ve cleared cookies and history on the Safari browser but webb addresses keeps showing on the top of the screen when I type one certain first letter in the browser field. I’ve tried changing lots of the safari settings but there’s still website addresses turning up.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 12:16 AM

I’ve cleared cookies and history on the Safari browser but webb addresses keeps showing on the top of the screen when I type one certain first letter in the browser field.

Try this -> Go to Settings -> Safari -> Turn Off: (1) Search Engine Suggestions & (2) Safari Suggestions.

If you wish you can also turn Off Preload Top Hit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 12:16 AM in response to mattias166

I’ve cleared cookies and history on the Safari browser but webb addresses keeps showing on the top of the screen when I type one certain first letter in the browser field.

Try this -> Go to Settings -> Safari -> Turn Off: (1) Search Engine Suggestions & (2) Safari Suggestions.

If you wish you can also turn Off Preload Top Hit.

Unwanted browsing suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.