Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari downloads

”Safari could not download the file because the disk doesnt have enough space” message keeps showing but i have 186.15 available of 250.69 GB of storage. The downloads folder is selected in download preferences (i tried other folders too) as thats the popular solution but it doesnt work, i also deleted some heavy files and emptied the trash and of course didnt work as disk space is not the problem

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:43 PM

Please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode" and determine if you can download the file while in that mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

It may or may not work, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise please review Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support and Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 5:43 PM in response to Paulinaibarra

Please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode" and determine if you can download the file while in that mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

It may or may not work, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise please review Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support and Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

Safari downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.