Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medications App: How to change dosage on specific days?

I have a medication where I need to take it twice on the first day and once everyday thereafter.

I tried adding the medication twice (as a workaround), but the app doesn’t let you. The intention would be add the first medication for day 1 and then the regular dosage for the 2nd medication.

Is there a way to do this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 1:31 PM

I feel like we are beta-testing this new app. It is a promising app but there are numerous improvements that could be easily implemented. See this related discussion at Tidbits:

https://tidbits.com/2022/10/07/an-apple-a-day-ios-16-medications-feature-provides-alerts-logging-and-peace-of-mind/

I hope that the Medications app is added to Apple's product feedback page:

Apple.com/feedback

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 1:31 PM in response to ASTRO24

I feel like we are beta-testing this new app. It is a promising app but there are numerous improvements that could be easily implemented. See this related discussion at Tidbits:

https://tidbits.com/2022/10/07/an-apple-a-day-ios-16-medications-feature-provides-alerts-logging-and-peace-of-mind/

I hope that the Medications app is added to Apple's product feedback page:

Apple.com/feedback

Oct 7, 2022 9:21 AM in response to ASTRO24

Thanks for the reply. It doesn’t seem like I’m able to change the dosage for specific days.

For example, I can set the Frequency to be Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat.

However, when I add a Time of Day, I would like it to show as:

• Wed — 6:15 PM - 2 Tablets
  • Thu - Sat — 6:15 PM - 1 Tablet

Currently, from what I can tell, time and dosage amount has to be applied to all days equally.

Oct 7, 2022 8:50 AM in response to AspectDD

Hi AspectDD,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities.

We understand that you're trying to change the frequency of the medication you're adding to Health app. This can be done after you have entered the medication.

1. On your iPhone, open the Health app.
2. Tap Browse, then tap Medications.
3. Tap Add Medication. If you are using Health Records on iPhone, you'll see suggestions from your health records.
4. Enter the name of the medication in the Search field. 
If you're in the United States, and the medication is listed, tap the medication.
If you're outside of the United States, or the medication is not listed, tap Add, then tap Next.
5. Choose the Medication Type. If the medication is unlisted, enter the Strength of the medication or select No Strength Information.
6. Tap Next.
7. Tap Frequency to select an interval, then tap Done.
8. Tap Add a time to further specify when you take the medication, then tap Next.
9. Choose the shape of your medication and tap Next, or you can tap Skip.
10. Select the color of the Medication and Background to customize it.
11. Review your Medication details and enter any Optional Details, then tap Next.
12. Select any life factors that might pose an interaction risk with your medication, then tap Done.*

This and additional details can be found in Add and log medications with iPhone and Apple Watch to adjust medication frequency.

Regards.

Medications App: How to change dosage on specific days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.