Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesnt hold charge ..

My ipad works if i leave it plugged in . It shows charging on ipad face at the upper right . However , once disconnected from power source . Hoes black and you see an empty battery . Can i fixed this ?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:55 PM

My iPad 5 suddenly had a 13-minute runtime with a fully-charged battery. I sent it back to Apple for a US$99 battery service. Now it is again excellent.

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

I believe a battery service on an iPad Pro is more but you need ask Apple.

3 replies

Oct 6, 2022 6:55 AM in response to SusieTwinkles

On the basis of your description, your iPad battery is exhibiting symptoms typical of battery failure - where the battery cannot retain adequate charge to run your iPad. The battery will likely require replacement.

You might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic.

If you battery is defective, they will also provide appropriate advice. The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Alternatively, You might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s). If your iPad requires replacement, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

As a further alternative, you can use Apple’s mail-in service:

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

Doesnt hold charge ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.