Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my video pause when switching from portrait to landscape?

I used to be able to open an app like Discovery Plus or Netflix, and play a show or documentary while having the phone in my pocket and going for a walk. Not now!

Every generation of iPhone (5, 6+, 10, 12) worked just fine. If a video was playing the only thing that would pause it was the pause button. No more and this occurred overnight. I woke up to find my phone had updated to 15.6.1 and suddenly my phone is pausing when I switch the phone to landscape from portrait. What’s odd is this not not happen when switching back to portrait from landscape. This is super frustrating because many times, I might be walking around the house doing chores or something and have to constantly keep hitting the play button because the a slight tilt of the phone switches to landscape. This is definitely a bug and related to the IOS.

Hence the very reason why I explain my procrastination behind downloading the latest IOS as soon as it comes out. It never fails that an update to my phone with cause some function to go haywire when it was working perfectly before. Please!!!! Any advice on what is going on and if there is a workaround/fix in the near future?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 11:42 PM

If you want Netflix to work in Portrait mode then ... The app is designed to work either in PIP or Landscape mode and it does not ahve an option for Portrait mode.

Netflix is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Netflix Help Center

2 replies

Why does my video pause when switching from portrait to landscape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.