Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will telcel Mexico support an Esim for iphone 14 pro max?

Hi, i bought iPhone 14 pro max (in the united states) for my mom that lives in Mexico. Her Mexican carrier TELCEL says that they do not support an ESIM. Anyone knows how can she transfer her phone line to the new Iphone 14 pro max?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 7:47 AM

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

TELCEL is on this list toward the bottom of carriers who support eSIM “using other eSIM activation methods” whatever that means. The fact remains that no one here has any idea. We are not Apple employees, just users like yourself. You must contact TELCEL to find out for sure as they are the only ones who know if or when they will support eSIM and how they will do so.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 7:47 AM in response to paloma188

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

TELCEL is on this list toward the bottom of carriers who support eSIM “using other eSIM activation methods” whatever that means. The fact remains that no one here has any idea. We are not Apple employees, just users like yourself. You must contact TELCEL to find out for sure as they are the only ones who know if or when they will support eSIM and how they will do so.

Nov 19, 2022 8:03 AM in response to lkrupp

For what it's worth.......

I asked one of the Genius types at the Apple Store in Mexico city about this a few months ago. At that time, Telcel did "support" eSIM, but it was not possible to set up the phone remotely for this.

You had to take the phone to a Telcel outlet to have them set up eSIM. I did not do this because I did not need to have eSIM set up, I was using AT&T's International Plan at the time.

Don't know if anything has changed as far as Telcel and eSIM. Best to try to get a hold of Telcel directly.

When will telcel Mexico support an Esim for iphone 14 pro max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.