Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do my apps still update when I disable app store on my device?

I have screen time on my device a week ago and the app store was disabled so I am concerned if my apps and games can still update

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 1:26 PM

Hello Spongeguy,

We just want to make sure we're clear on the situation, so we can help.

Just to confirm, it seems like you had Screen Time enabled and installing apps was restricted, in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions >  iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps, is that correct?

Are restrictions still enabled at this time? If no restrictions are enabled at this time, and you're not able to download or update apps, please check out this link, which has some suggestions that can help with that: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you want apps to update automatically, please check out this link on how to ensure the settings are enabled correctly to allow apps to update: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Turn on or turn off automatic updates

If you prefer to manually update all your apps, turn off automatic updates. When you do this, you receive notifications from the App Store each time an update for one of your apps is released. 

How to turn on or turn off automatic updates on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap App Store.
3. Turn on or turn off App Updates.

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Spongeguy

Hello Spongeguy,

We just want to make sure we're clear on the situation, so we can help.

Just to confirm, it seems like you had Screen Time enabled and installing apps was restricted, in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions >  iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps, is that correct?

Are restrictions still enabled at this time? If no restrictions are enabled at this time, and you're not able to download or update apps, please check out this link, which has some suggestions that can help with that: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you want apps to update automatically, please check out this link on how to ensure the settings are enabled correctly to allow apps to update: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Turn on or turn off automatic updates

If you prefer to manually update all your apps, turn off automatic updates. When you do this, you receive notifications from the App Store each time an update for one of your apps is released. 

How to turn on or turn off automatic updates on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap App Store.
3. Turn on or turn off App Updates.

Thanks!

Do my apps still update when I disable app store on my device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.