Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air has Wi-Fi but won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried lots of solutions but none have helped. Is there a downside to backing up my computer then taking it back to the factory sessions and starting over as if it’s new?

My MacBook Air has Wi-Fi but won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried lots of solutions, but none have helped. I’m thinking of resetting my laptop to factory settings and starting over. Is there a down side to this?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:38 AM

No but it might not fix the problem. Review all the suggestions in Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support first.

As it explains:

"Learn what to do if your Mac doesn't connect to the internet after joining the Wi-Fi network."

6 replies

My MacBook Air has Wi-Fi but won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried lots of solutions but none have helped. Is there a downside to backing up my computer then taking it back to the factory sessions and starting over as if it’s new?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.