Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro 2 software glitch

I have the new Airpod pro 2 paired with iphone 13 pro max. I have noticed something strange the case battery percentage showed on the battery widget is always different from the battery percentage of the setting tap inside the settings menu also sometimes the battery percentage fluctuates for few seconds in the battery widget. Is this a software glitch or something wrong with my AirPods pro 2..

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:08 AM

Hi SafvanTR,

It looks like the widget isn't being updated as the battery % goes down. If you tap on the battery widget, does it update?

Do you have Background App Refresh enabled?

1. Settings
  2. General
  3. Background App Refresh

There isn't an app listed for this process, however it should be included with the main "Background App Refresh" enabled.

If it wasn't turned on before, go ahead and enable to test. You might want to turn the feature off for the apps you don't need or want to look for updated info in the background, as that helps with battery life.

Anyways, if you find that the battery widget is still not updating, we'd advise to contact Apple Support. Let them know what's happening and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Apple Support

Take care!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 8:08 AM in response to SafvanTR

Hi SafvanTR,

It looks like the widget isn't being updated as the battery % goes down. If you tap on the battery widget, does it update?

Do you have Background App Refresh enabled?

1. Settings
  2. General
  3. Background App Refresh

There isn't an app listed for this process, however it should be included with the main "Background App Refresh" enabled.

If it wasn't turned on before, go ahead and enable to test. You might want to turn the feature off for the apps you don't need or want to look for updated info in the background, as that helps with battery life.

Anyways, if you find that the battery widget is still not updating, we'd advise to contact Apple Support. Let them know what's happening and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Apple Support

Take care!

Oct 17, 2022 4:36 AM in response to mingoslkd

i have the same issue as well! the widget was showing fully charged but under the settings it says 5%. Called apple support, they said i need to update my phone and reset the airpods case which i did and now under settings it doesnt show the % sign.

I then got them replace with a brand new one and this thing happen again lol. Definitely a software issue here.

Airpods pro 2 software glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.