Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Pad Pro 12.9 4th generation and I do not want my screen to auto lock. I have gone to settings, general, display/brightness and the auto lock functionmis shawdowed out and it is set to 2 minutes. This is SO IRRITATING. Why can't I change this?

I have Pad Pro 12.9 4th generation and I do not want my screen to auto lock. I have gone to settings, general, display/brightness and the auto lock function is shawdowed out and it is set to 2 minutes. This is SO IRRITATING. Why can't I change this?

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 4:34 PM

iPad auto-lock will be fixed at two minutes if you have enabled Low Power mode:

Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode

If the problem persists after disabling Low Power Mode, perform a forced-restart of your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

You might also check that Date & Time and TimeZone are also correctly set for your iPad - as these settings are known to cause various functional issues if incorrectly configured:

Settings > General > Date & Time

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 4:34 PM in response to ibemoe56

iPad auto-lock will be fixed at two minutes if you have enabled Low Power mode:

Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode

If the problem persists after disabling Low Power Mode, perform a forced-restart of your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

You might also check that Date & Time and TimeZone are also correctly set for your iPad - as these settings are known to cause various functional issues if incorrectly configured:

Settings > General > Date & Time

I have Pad Pro 12.9 4th generation and I do not want my screen to auto lock. I have gone to settings, general, display/brightness and the auto lock functionmis shawdowed out and it is set to 2 minutes. This is SO IRRITATING. Why can't I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.