Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know what this icon is?

I have this icon that flashes over all my apps and seems to be controlling every app by opening and even turning on settings I have turned off like home app that I have never used. Can’t find answers on internet nor can apple help me. They say never seen that. The icon in question is web. Now I also have other apps with this icon. Please someone help me understand this. Thank you

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 10:54 AM

Hi gregary240m,

We'd like to help you find the best resolution path. Looking at what you have shared, this icon looks like has no displayable icon assigned to it, and normally related to what the app is and named as. We would recommend seeing if updating to the latest iOS version as this may help resolve these type of issues. You can follow these steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If you have the latest update, then you will want to reach back out to Apple Support as this would not be expected software behavior.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 10:54 AM in response to gregary240

Hi gregary240m,

We'd like to help you find the best resolution path. Looking at what you have shared, this icon looks like has no displayable icon assigned to it, and normally related to what the app is and named as. We would recommend seeing if updating to the latest iOS version as this may help resolve these type of issues. You can follow these steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If you have the latest update, then you will want to reach back out to Apple Support as this would not be expected software behavior.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 28, 2022 9:11 PM in response to Henderson_86

Somehow someone is loading illegal software onto my phone and is accessing setting where they can change settings even greying out a lot of them so I can’t change them. Then they can open Game Center and sign in with an unknown profile allowing friends to connect and I can’t turn it off only can sign out. But then they sign back in when they want. They can also open home control and load all kinds of uikits I don’t even have home app on my phone anymore. Yet I have a bunch of apps with that icon like a new one called web and Chinese keyboard bunch of health apps I never open health so what the heck been through 6 iPhone. Every iPhone I get they take it over with hacks and then I have no control or privacy cause they get my passwords email calls messages. It has almost ruined my life im call me crazy etc. I need help ASAP. My logs are suspect I can’t search the web cause I can only see what they want me to. I want justice but can’t cause I have no access to my own account make a new one nope they control it. It’s hooked to their house with iOt sensors thinking it’s audrino and pie Bluetooth zigbee etc. I don’t have a Mac or windows yet azure is in my logs Siri never on yet have logs. What do I do. Please god help me

Anyone know what this icon is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.