Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop screen bottom turning black

Please help me resolve this issue of my screen turning black from the bottom because of this I am unable to see what is on the bottom.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:32 PM

Hi,

It may be back light issue. Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related with display error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

It doesn't help, try to take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 10:32 PM in response to mamta98

Hi,

It may be back light issue. Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related with display error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

It doesn't help, try to take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Oct 6, 2022 10:23 PM in response to mamta98

mamta98 Said:

"Laptop screen bottom turning black: Please help me resolve this issue of my screen turning black from the bottom because of this I am unable to see what is on the bottom."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black Mac Screen:

Is this persistent, in that it is turning black from the bottom of the scoring, and it is working its way up? If so, you screen is failing, and it is time for a new screen. If so, Get this Serviced:

To Get this Mac Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

A. Contact Apple:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

Or...

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac

Laptop screen bottom turning black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.