Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please am using iPhone 6 and my phone can’t download anything because of storage while have deleted everything in it ...it still shows same .what should I do?

How can I free up my device to stop showing storage full

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:34 PM

Hi kieseye,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: have deleted everything in it ...it still shows same .what should I do?

Hoping you have backed-up all your important files (Eg: to a computer or Zip drive) before deleting.

Seems your deleted files may remain in the "Recently Deleted" folder unless you permanently delete them.

(Usually kept available for 30 days in case you change your mind, or accidently delete)

Eg: See Apple support's article (link below) for details:

Delete a file or recover a file that you deleted from the Files app - Apple Support

✽. NB: You may need to restart (Turn off, turn on) your device to see the change in amount of storage.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Also:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Storage tips: If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

More info. if needed:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2022 5:34 PM in response to kieseye

Hi kieseye,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: have deleted everything in it ...it still shows same .what should I do?

Hoping you have backed-up all your important files (Eg: to a computer or Zip drive) before deleting.

Seems your deleted files may remain in the "Recently Deleted" folder unless you permanently delete them.

(Usually kept available for 30 days in case you change your mind, or accidently delete)

Eg: See Apple support's article (link below) for details:

Delete a file or recover a file that you deleted from the Files app - Apple Support

✽. NB: You may need to restart (Turn off, turn on) your device to see the change in amount of storage.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Also:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Storage tips: If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

More info. if needed:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Please am using iPhone 6 and my phone can’t download anything because of storage while have deleted everything in it ...it still shows same .what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.