Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo

My Apple Watch has been stuck on the Apple logo for 2 days. It doesn’t do anything at all. How can I fix this?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 3:37 AM

well my daughters watch 3 is having the same issue.

out of the blue, not during update, or something else, the phone restarted and got stuck on the boot apple logo. after 45 seconds to 1 minute, the logo disappears, and then reappears. and that's all what it does.

tried every single suggestion, either posted here or the web, no luck.

• holding crown and side button for 10 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • holding crown and side button for 30 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • trying to ping it from the Find My app
  • checking if while showing up the apple logo, bluetooth "sees" the watch (of course it doest, it has to boot up first)
  • unpairing from the my Watch App (what is there to unpair, if the watch isn't connected anywhere)
  • again , holding crown and side button for 10 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • again , holding crown and side button for 30 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • drain down the battery (there you see the correct time and it shows you it needs to charge)
  • recharge it on the charger
  • again trying to boot up, same result, different day
  • etc etc

this is going for about 5 days now, and its very annoying. The watch is in perfect condition, even battery health is perfect (for a watch 3 series). She doesn't need a new watch since her watch worked well, doesn't have a single scratch on it, didn't fall, didn't got abused and so on.

And I'm pretty sure, going to an authorized apple reseller/service they will say they can't find anything and it need to be replaced (not for free of course) or to buy a new one (don't see the reason to replace it since 5 days ago it worked fine).

Apple, any suggestions ?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 3:37 AM in response to stephaniefromframigham

well my daughters watch 3 is having the same issue.

out of the blue, not during update, or something else, the phone restarted and got stuck on the boot apple logo. after 45 seconds to 1 minute, the logo disappears, and then reappears. and that's all what it does.

tried every single suggestion, either posted here or the web, no luck.

• holding crown and side button for 10 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • holding crown and side button for 30 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • trying to ping it from the Find My app
  • checking if while showing up the apple logo, bluetooth "sees" the watch (of course it doest, it has to boot up first)
  • unpairing from the my Watch App (what is there to unpair, if the watch isn't connected anywhere)
  • again , holding crown and side button for 10 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • again , holding crown and side button for 30 seconds and turning it back on normally
  • drain down the battery (there you see the correct time and it shows you it needs to charge)
  • recharge it on the charger
  • again trying to boot up, same result, different day
  • etc etc

this is going for about 5 days now, and its very annoying. The watch is in perfect condition, even battery health is perfect (for a watch 3 series). She doesn't need a new watch since her watch worked well, doesn't have a single scratch on it, didn't fall, didn't got abused and so on.

And I'm pretty sure, going to an authorized apple reseller/service they will say they can't find anything and it need to be replaced (not for free of course) or to buy a new one (don't see the reason to replace it since 5 days ago it worked fine).

Apple, any suggestions ?

Oct 7, 2022 3:52 AM in response to stephaniefromframigham

Try a forced restart:

You should force restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don't force restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. When you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update has finished.

To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Dec 6, 2022 9:05 PM in response to stephaniefromframigham

This is similar to what's going on with my Series 2 replacement (battery). It randomly goes to just the black screen with Apple logo & randomly goes back to showing time. This happens during daily normal use, charging, exercise, etc. Might be a short while, might be a long while. My Series 2 that I sent in with $79 for battery replacement (replacement/refurbished) worked perfectly except for the battery not making it through the day. The replacement is glitchy like this and not much use.

Dec 26, 2022 1:18 PM in response to stephaniefromframigham

ok here's what I did finally to get the watch working again.

watch working again. hope this helps someone

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.