Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Pages or Word for High Sierra 10.13.6

I have Mac Book 13" Mid 2010. Can I install some kind of Page/Numbers apps or Word/Excel apps? I took my Mac Book to Apple Store and they installed High Sierra 10.13.6 But when I got home I noticed I have no apps for pages and numbers or word/excel.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:52 AM

If you had a Time Machine backup of your Mac before you took it to the Apple Store, you can use /Applications/Time Machine to restore Pages and Numbers. If the Mac has the same internal drive as Word/Excel were installed originally, then you can also reinstall them from the Time Machine backup. You won't be able to install and license Word/Excel by any other means as Microsoft has disabled the license servers for retired Office suites, and for a remaining brief time, requires macOS Catalina (or newer) for new licensed MS Office installations of Microsoft 365, Office 2019 for Mac, or Office 2021 for Mac.

If you do not have a Time Machine backup, then you can get the last compatible versions of Pages and Numbers by launching the Mac App Store and signing in with the same Apple ID as you used to previously install these applications. Press the option key and click on the Purchases tab. You should see an update/install button adjacent to Pages and Numbers. Click that button.

You may be greeted by two dialogs: the first mentioning that you need a newer version of macOS to install either application. Acknowledge that dialog (do not click Cancel), and a second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (or Numbers) for macOS High Sierra. That would be Pages v8.1, and Numbers v6.1.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2022 5:52 AM in response to nikol275

If you had a Time Machine backup of your Mac before you took it to the Apple Store, you can use /Applications/Time Machine to restore Pages and Numbers. If the Mac has the same internal drive as Word/Excel were installed originally, then you can also reinstall them from the Time Machine backup. You won't be able to install and license Word/Excel by any other means as Microsoft has disabled the license servers for retired Office suites, and for a remaining brief time, requires macOS Catalina (or newer) for new licensed MS Office installations of Microsoft 365, Office 2019 for Mac, or Office 2021 for Mac.

If you do not have a Time Machine backup, then you can get the last compatible versions of Pages and Numbers by launching the Mac App Store and signing in with the same Apple ID as you used to previously install these applications. Press the option key and click on the Purchases tab. You should see an update/install button adjacent to Pages and Numbers. Click that button.

You may be greeted by two dialogs: the first mentioning that you need a newer version of macOS to install either application. Acknowledge that dialog (do not click Cancel), and a second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (or Numbers) for macOS High Sierra. That would be Pages v8.1, and Numbers v6.1.

Need Pages or Word for High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.