Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTimePlayer

How do i recover a Video on QuickTimePlayer.

i was Screen recording a video. after i finish i accidently cliked the trash button instead of the "save" one. Can i get my video Back? if yes how can i get my video back?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 4:29 PM

Mmm Those autosave files of the correct date /time that looked empty may reveal more..

Look to see if "QuickTime" is there somewhere in a filename.

If so:

Right click on the file, "Open with > QuickTime"

In QuickTime on the menu bar click "File > Save ,,,, choose where to save the file . Then hit "Save"

Another possibility:

Search for "Temporary Folder" if you find your file in there just "copy" the file and paste it somewhere safe.

Caches files may be dragged to the desktop.to investigate.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 4:29 PM in response to Hbil9

Mmm Those autosave files of the correct date /time that looked empty may reveal more..

Look to see if "QuickTime" is there somewhere in a filename.

If so:

Right click on the file, "Open with > QuickTime"

In QuickTime on the menu bar click "File > Save ,,,, choose where to save the file . Then hit "Save"

Another possibility:

Search for "Temporary Folder" if you find your file in there just "copy" the file and paste it somewhere safe.

Caches files may be dragged to the desktop.to investigate.

Oct 7, 2022 9:39 PM in response to Hbil9

Hi Hbil9

welcome to the Apple Community.

Try clicking the "Bin" (or "Trash") icon .... usually located in the dock, on the very far right of the apps at the bottom of your Mac screen. eg: (Hover over icon to see "Bin")

After clicking the Bin icon, If you see the deleted file there (ie: in the folder that opens):

Use a two-finger click on the file, to see a menu appear, and choose "Put Back".

Else try looking for an "untitled" file in the location where you usually save QuickTime files, ... could possibly be still there.

All the best :-)

Oct 8, 2022 10:47 AM in response to brbo

Hi brbo

It didn't work!

I did try to use all recover applications i got reccomended to use on Youtube to get any lost or deleted files.

I just can't find it, i am lost and don't know what to do now.

It's not in the deleted files on the "BIN" it seems like the video i took at this period just disapeard.

Thanks for help.

:-/

Oct 8, 2022 7:45 PM in response to Hbil9

Commiserations! Thank you for trying.

If you use Time Machine ... there may be an "auto-saved" copy of the video at some point.

Else:

If you haven't tried this tip below, might be worth a try:

In Finder > Hold down Command and Shift, then tap G.

In the box that appears: paste this link: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Autosave Information/

Look in the folder that opens for your video, (use the time/ date created if there are many files in there)

or

A last ditch effort may be searching Mac for "untitled" files in a finder window

Oct 9, 2022 8:27 AM in response to brbo

I already tried to check on the autosave information using the way that u recommend.

It is not working either the file is just empty. there is simple nothing in.

Looking the Untiled files on the Mac doesn't work either I can't find it. I am not sure why but it's again simply not there.

It looks like during the periode that i was recording the file is missing.

I don't know if it helps but there is "Caches" files at the time that i started the recording, i don't know what to do with them.

QuickTimePlayer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.