Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone storage System date too high!!!

hi,

upgraded to 14 pro max a few weeks ago, I got an alert a week ago saying iphone stowage almost full, it was 511gb I have 512gb. I always trade for the latest model of phone, I’ve never deleted emails, safari cache, photos etc. so I deleted everything I don’t need and now I’m only using 9gb of apps etc and when I restarted my phone the system data went down to 35gb. But everyday it grows by 100gb of system data, and unless I restart my phone it keeps growing, I called Apple support they wondered if it was the VPN I had on my phone even tho it wasn’t being used, so I deleted it and they said to call them in a few days if it continues to grow. I have the latest update 16.2. Apple support said my phone shouldn’t be doing this and it’s nothing with my device it’s a system problem. I’ve seen people erase their phone only to discover it’s still doing it so I don’t want to go through all of that. I wondered if anyone out there is experiencing anything like this, I’ve never had to worry about anything like this before. Sorry this is long, any help would be very appreciated. Thank you :)

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 12:19 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 17, 2022 8:43 AM in response to lucytruelove

I have the same “running out of memory” problem on my brand new 1TB iPhone 14.

I transferred everything on my 1TB iPhone 13 to the new iPhone 14, and after few days I started seeing messages asking me to manage my storage because I have no more space.

When I checked my iPhone memory I found over 835GB of Other System Data, with a description that “system data includes caches, logs and other resources currently in use by the system. This value will fluctuate according to system needs”.

See screenshot below.

How can I release this space back to my iPhone???

Help please.

iphone storage System date too high!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.