Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an old iPhone SE just to play music

I am using an old iPhone SE as an iPod touch. I have had no problems using it without a sim card and can easily transfer my playlists from my Mac to the phone. My question is can I turn off WiFi and Bluetooth since I'm using the iPhone only as an iPod touch?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 4:00 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2022 12:23 AM in response to Dunwerkin2020

You only need Bluetooth on if you intend to use it, for example to send the audio to headphones, a Bluetooth speaker or to send it to your car stereo.

If all the music on your phone has been downloaded from your iTunes Library on your Mac then you do not need Wi-Fi on. You only need the Wi-Fi if you have a subscription to Apple Music, which periodically checks to ensure that the subscription is valid, or if you are using Wi-Fi to Sync. Even then, you would only need the Wi-Fi on when you wish to Sync.

Oct 7, 2022 4:13 PM in response to Dunwerkin2020

Hello 🤗

Don't turn it off for the following reasons:

you probably won't be able to transfer music to your mac.

you will not be able to use wifi (for example to download music without using your cellular data)

you will not be able to connect to bluetooth devices (for example to put music in your car from your iphone)

you can deactivate them anyway but bluetooth and wifi will no longer work.

Using an old iPhone SE just to play music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.