Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge Two Apple IDs

I have two Apple IDs, one is with an email address that I rarely use anymore and would like to shut down. Can I merge the two together so I can retain all my purchases and downloads?

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:33 PM

You cannot merge Apple ID's. Instead, you can add your second account to a family sharing, this way you may retain your purchases.

To learn more about family sharing, please see the article below.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support (CA)

Hope this helps.

3 replies

Oct 10, 2022 8:31 AM in response to camaran112

You can stop using/close the account, but if you do that, the ID can't be part of Family Sharing.

If you want to cancel your Apple ID account, you can deactivate it or delete it.

Apple ID - How to deactivate your Apple ID account.    *

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. Once your Apple ID is deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID is deleted, even if the domain ownership changes..  Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account.   *  

Apple ID – How to Delete.  -

Delete Apple ID (new).   -

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support   -

Merge Two Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.