Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sold my iphone 13 and choose back up while selling. But I didn't have enough icloud storage and it wasn't saved in my icloud. How can I get back unsaved things? I selected back up while changing the phone. Now in iphone X saying nothing in back up.

Hello, I sold my iphone 13 and choose back up option while selling and taking out my SIM. But I didn't have enough icloud storage and it wasn't saved in my icloud. How can I get back unsaved things? I selected back up while changing the phone. Now I'm using iphone X, but when I put the SIM card and doing setting, it's saying nothing in back up. Any suggestions on how can I get my back up? Please help.

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:49 PM

AD4444 Said:

"I sold my iphone 13 and choose back up while selling. But I didn't have enough icloud storage and it wasn't saved in my icloud. How can I get back unsaved things? I selected back up while changing the phone. Now in iphone X saying nothing in back up."

-------

Recovering Lost Data:

There are storage location to check for data. And many of these locations are based on the file type (i.e. Photos). So, see the following, in relevance to recovering data...

Perform this the old-fashioned way...

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2022 5:49 PM in response to AD4444

AD4444 Said:

"I sold my iphone 13 and choose back up while selling. But I didn't have enough icloud storage and it wasn't saved in my icloud. How can I get back unsaved things? I selected back up while changing the phone. Now in iphone X saying nothing in back up."

-------

Recovering Lost Data:

There are storage location to check for data. And many of these locations are based on the file type (i.e. Photos). So, see the following, in relevance to recovering data...

Perform this the old-fashioned way...

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

I sold my iphone 13 and choose back up while selling. But I didn't have enough icloud storage and it wasn't saved in my icloud. How can I get back unsaved things? I selected back up while changing the phone. Now in iphone X saying nothing in back up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.