Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the ask to buy an app permission only to appear on my iPhone?

Hi,

I've set up ask to buy permission for my two kids' iCloud accounts, previously they worked great, but just now I tried to buy an in game purchase it doesn't work anymore.

Well, it doesn't work per se.

It does work, but the ask to buy permission was directed to my MacBook instead.

Here's a full list of how it went:

• I tapped the Ask button when the permission pop-up window appeared on my kid's iPad.
  • I waited around 1-2 minutes on my iPhone, the ask to buy permission didn't appear.
  • I tried to purchase it again a few times on my kid's iPad.
  • Still no ask to buy permission appearing on my iPhone.
  • After a long time I opened my MacBook to start working, and there they were the ask to buy permission pop-up window appeared on my MacBook.

Is there a way to set the ask to buy an app permission only to appear on my iPhone?

FYI the OSes on my iOS devices are as follow:

• the iOS is v16.0
  • the macOS is v12.6

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 12:18 AM

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Go to Settings. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organiser, make sure Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 8, 2022 7:22 AM in response to SravanKrA

SravanKrA wrote:

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Go to Settings. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organiser, make sure Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

Everything is turned on and the Ask to Buy is still working.

I guess you don't understand the problem: the Ask to Buy permission only pop-out on my MacBook, it should also pops-out on my iPhone.

Is there a way to turn it off on the MacBook?

How to set the ask to buy an app permission only to appear on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.