Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number in parenthesis keeps increasing

In "find my phone," my phone has always been iPhone (2). Recently the number in the parenthesis started increasing and it's now up to iPhone (102). Others in this forum are having the same "incrementing" problem, but I have yet to find an explanation for why this is happening, and how to get it to stop. Can anyone help?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:21 AM

Find My sees lots of phones called “iPhone”, so it adds a number to differentiate them, and in the order most recently seen. The simple solution is to change the name of your phone to one that is unlikely to be a duplicate. Go to Settings/General/About, where you can edit the phone’s name. You can be creative; for example, my iPhone’s name is “Don’t Panic”.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 8:21 AM in response to wrikar

Find My sees lots of phones called “iPhone”, so it adds a number to differentiate them, and in the order most recently seen. The simple solution is to change the name of your phone to one that is unlikely to be a duplicate. Go to Settings/General/About, where you can edit the phone’s name. You can be creative; for example, my iPhone’s name is “Don’t Panic”.

Number in parenthesis keeps increasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.