Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links not working in Safari 16 but does in Chromium (Brave)

I have noticed several instances where a link will not work in Safari but if I open the exact same website with Chrome/Brave the website links work as intended. Before the upgrade, everything worked fine.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 12:02 PM

'm sorry, I can not. I am happy to say, that for me, Safari has always worked correctly. I have come to conclude that in many cases, the way an app, functions is affected by other "things" which are in the computer. The might be apps, cache items, and so on. The computer has zeros and ones installed to create its database. When one of those bits conflicts with another, something goes wrong. This all normally works well but it is very complex.

I will offer the following information which can also be useful in understanding some of what goes on.

If, for example, you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site providers and software engineers write their software to work based on standardized specifications. Some web sites and older browser software may not be compliant. One thing that may work is to upgrade Safari or you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 12:02 PM in response to lkrupp

'm sorry, I can not. I am happy to say, that for me, Safari has always worked correctly. I have come to conclude that in many cases, the way an app, functions is affected by other "things" which are in the computer. The might be apps, cache items, and so on. The computer has zeros and ones installed to create its database. When one of those bits conflicts with another, something goes wrong. This all normally works well but it is very complex.

I will offer the following information which can also be useful in understanding some of what goes on.

If, for example, you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site providers and software engineers write their software to work based on standardized specifications. Some web sites and older browser software may not be compliant. One thing that may work is to upgrade Safari or you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed.

Links not working in Safari 16 but does in Chromium (Brave)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.