Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTv "up next" failure

On my AppleTV 4k (tv OS 16.0) the same shows are always shown in the AppleTv App. under "Next". A show (ZDF German television channel) that my kids have seen months ago with the current episode, a series (ZDF) that I have seen over a few episodes with the not yet seen episodes and a series (Disney+) that my kids have seen.

The shows disappear from „Up Next" when the command "Remove from "Up Next"" is executed, but reappear after a short time. I can't get rid of them. Other episodes that I move to "up next" get the check mark for "In "up next"" in the selection window, but do not show up there.

I've quit the AppelV app, switched users, hoped for the update....

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 4:24 AM

The shows disappear from „Up Next" when the command "Remove from "Up Next"" is executed, but reappear after a short time.

A brute force method of resetting Up Next, is to clear the play history for the account. That is for all your devices with this Apple ID account at once. Settings﹥Apps﹥TV app﹥Clear Play History.

If you have multiple Apple ID accounts active on your Apple TV box, then each account will have its own independent Up Next queue list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 4:24 AM in response to cckersten

The shows disappear from „Up Next" when the command "Remove from "Up Next"" is executed, but reappear after a short time.

A brute force method of resetting Up Next, is to clear the play history for the account. That is for all your devices with this Apple ID account at once. Settings﹥Apps﹥TV app﹥Clear Play History.

If you have multiple Apple ID accounts active on your Apple TV box, then each account will have its own independent Up Next queue list.

AppleTv "up next" failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.