Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePods in a stereo pair keep disconnecting and re connecting

So I have two HomePods mini's that are connected In a stereo pair and I use them frequently to listen to music, but when listening to music, sometimes one of them will just not work, and only one HomePod will be playing, and then in the event that they do both decide to play, one of the HomePods will stop playing the audio and then continue playing it after a short while (the longest I've had it not play was about one minute) I bought the HomePods separately and a few months apart, and when I got my newer one, the older one nearly always refused to work in a stereo pair with the other and wouldn't play the same song sometimes, I ended up getting that HomePod replaced and haven't had that problem since, but this last few weeks this problem with them keeps happening, I've tried resetting the HomePods, which fixes it at the time, but the problem comes back later, sometimes only a few minutes later, I've re-set up both HomePods up nearly 10 times now, is there anything else I can do, or should I contact apple support?

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 1:14 PM

Sounds like an issue with the wifi router. Try restarting it. Also, as a test, try temporarily moving the Homepods closer to the router.

There are other Discussions about troubleshooting Homepods.

Similar questions

1 reply

HomePods in a stereo pair keep disconnecting and re connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.