Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add the backups available to Itunes.

I have re installed Itunes due to space issue in my windows pc. Now post re installation the backups are disconnected from ITunes . The backups which is available in System is not available in Itunes to restore.

Kindly help. Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 11:01 AM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2022 6:39 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi , thanks for the response, I used the stand alone version for the first and reinstallation, did not use Microsoft store version . I could see the old back up available in user/mobilesync/backup , now do I need to rename this folder or the new one that is created in app data thanks !

Oct 8, 2022 11:56 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi , I tried it, re installed from Microsoft store, it took the old backup by default. Then, i tried to restore with Backup and restore, but it throwed error 75, then the back up size from the old backup got reduced. I messed it up by deleting the today's back up from Edit Preferences -Devices. Now i have only Last year back, is it possible to bring back the backup in ITUNES Devices, Thanks in advance ! Your answers are helpfull at most

Oct 9, 2022 6:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi yes you are right ! I have restored with one of my old backup.I have initiated Data recovery in my windows os. Not sure will it get the whole data or it

gonna stuck some where !

Your solution was very help ful! Thanks again!

How to add the backups available to Itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.