Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won’t back up even thought I have enough storage and I’m connected to WiFi. For some reason it cancels the back and says that there isn’t enough room when there is plenty

How can I get my phone to back up?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 11:51 AM

Is your question related to backups of your iPhone on iCloud? If YES, then the storage space that the error message is referring to is on iCloud. You are probably running out of storage space on iCloud to complete your iPhone backup on it.

You can double check this by opening Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud: Here, at the top, you can see the available iCloud space.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 11:51 AM in response to Jackbetsy222

Is your question related to backups of your iPhone on iCloud? If YES, then the storage space that the error message is referring to is on iCloud. You are probably running out of storage space on iCloud to complete your iPhone backup on it.

You can double check this by opening Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud: Here, at the top, you can see the available iCloud space.

Axel F.

My iPhone won’t back up even thought I have enough storage and I’m connected to WiFi. For some reason it cancels the back and says that there isn’t enough room when there is plenty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.