Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app checklist glitching

• iOS 16.0 on iPhone 13 pro
  • notes are synced to iCloud

On the notes app, when I'm writing a note using the checklist bullet feature, and type Korean as the first character for a list item, the notes app does not display the bullet point for that line. The bullet point disappears from view until I a)restart the app, or b) tap on a visible bullet from another list item. However when I press b), the item being tapped doesn't switch status. It only shows the checklist bullets that were previously hidden. So I have to tap twice to change the status.

I use the notes app on a regular basis and this glitch is really bothering me.

iPhone 8, 13

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 5:48 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2022 10:19 AM in response to madridter2

Hey madridter2,

If you haven’t already, update to the latest version of iOS. This can often help with issues like the one you’re describing. Here’s how to update: 

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. Choose the software update that you want to install. You can choose to stay on iOS or iPadOS 15 and still get important security updates. Or you can choose the option to upgrade to iOS or iPadOS 16.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now

Read more here:

Update your iPhone or iPad

You can read more about making a checklist with Notes here:

Create a checklist with Notes

Take care.

Notes app checklist glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.