Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove sos of my phone top right hand corner ?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:14 PM

This article gives some more information about when you will see SOS. If needed, it has additional steps for reconnecting to your cellular network.

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"If you see No Service or Searching in the status bar on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), your device isn't connected to a cellular network. If you see SOS or "SOS only" in the status bar, your device can still make emergency calls."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 8:14 PM in response to Rjjosegarces

This article gives some more information about when you will see SOS. If needed, it has additional steps for reconnecting to your cellular network.

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"If you see No Service or Searching in the status bar on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), your device isn't connected to a cellular network. If you see SOS or "SOS only" in the status bar, your device can still make emergency calls."

Oct 8, 2022 7:18 PM in response to Rjjosegarces

SOS can mean a couple of things

Your phone provider does not have coverage where you are, but another provider does, and so you can make SOS calls which will be made via that other provider.

In my experience, when I know I should have coverage, I get SOS when my phone provider updates some settings, and restarting my phone fixes it. After restarting the phone, I get 4G or 3G back.

So I'd try restarting your phone and see if that fixes it.

How can I remove sos of my phone top right hand corner ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.