Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cash Virtual Cards Got Me Lost

What is my card number, exp date, and pin for the Apple Cash Card? I have looked all over a ton of Apple help pages and still can’t find? Or does it not have one associated with with it if I wanted? Have only found the little blurb on the main Apple Cash page in wallet that says someone might need it but only has last for digits of a card number and all same number for a pin/ccv. So assuming that’s not it or an example. Can’t find the real info for the life of me! Help please!!!! 😂

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 7:33 PM

Hello,

The Apple Cash Terms and Conditions gives much more detailed information to clear up the confusion. I quoted some relevant sections below.

"you will only be able to use your Apple Cash Card at merchants that accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Currently, Apple Pay is accepted for in-store transactions with merchants that have payment terminals that support Near Field Communication (NFC) and within applications and on websites that have integrated Apple Pay as a payment method. Similarly, only other Users will be able to receive P2P Transfers from you."

"G. Assigned PIN.

You will not be required to select a personal identification number (“PIN”) for use in connection with your Apple Cash Card. If a payment terminal requires you to enter a PIN to complete a transaction with your Apple Cash Card, you should enter “0000” as your PIN."

Since it can only be used through Apple Pay and iMessage person-to-person payments the card number wouldn't be useful for us.

Apple Pay security and privacy overview - Apple Support

"After you authenticate your transaction, the Secure Element provides your Device Account Number and a transaction-specific dynamic security code to the store’s point of sale terminal along with additional information needed to complete the transaction. Again, neither Apple nor your device sends your actual payment card number. Before they approve the payment, your bank, card issuer, or payment network can verify your payment information by checking the dynamic security code to make sure that it’s unique and tied to your device."

I hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 7:33 PM in response to OneQuickQuestionontheACash

Hello,

The Apple Cash Terms and Conditions gives much more detailed information to clear up the confusion. I quoted some relevant sections below.

"you will only be able to use your Apple Cash Card at merchants that accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Currently, Apple Pay is accepted for in-store transactions with merchants that have payment terminals that support Near Field Communication (NFC) and within applications and on websites that have integrated Apple Pay as a payment method. Similarly, only other Users will be able to receive P2P Transfers from you."

"G. Assigned PIN.

You will not be required to select a personal identification number (“PIN”) for use in connection with your Apple Cash Card. If a payment terminal requires you to enter a PIN to complete a transaction with your Apple Cash Card, you should enter “0000” as your PIN."

Since it can only be used through Apple Pay and iMessage person-to-person payments the card number wouldn't be useful for us.

Apple Pay security and privacy overview - Apple Support

"After you authenticate your transaction, the Secure Element provides your Device Account Number and a transaction-specific dynamic security code to the store’s point of sale terminal along with additional information needed to complete the transaction. Again, neither Apple nor your device sends your actual payment card number. Before they approve the payment, your bank, card issuer, or payment network can verify your payment information by checking the dynamic security code to make sure that it’s unique and tied to your device."

I hope this helps.

Oct 8, 2022 7:28 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Hahaha I’m rolling that I spent forever looking for it, for nothing! Kinda makes sense for the whole book of explanation Apple writes about protecting your information and the whole design idea behind Wallet, makes some sense. I don’t understand why they would put what I sent in that picture on the wallet set up page tho, seems like you would use that space to explain why you can’t use that virtual card/or Apple Cash card like any other card, so someone like me doesn’t chase a rabbit trail for hours 😂😂😂

So it’s sole purpose is as a conduit for use of your other debit cards you add to the wallet? So you can use them all without disclosing card numbers, ccv, exp date, etc etc? Ya know, all that info we almost always have to use for debit and credit card transactions….

Thanks for your help clarifying!

Oct 8, 2022 7:47 PM in response to Scott-he-him

Yes that totally clears it up, thank you so much! I read a ton of stuff that was all really good information about how diligent Apple is about helping protect our information, but in seriously almost 3 hours of trying to find what you just sent me, never read any of those 😂😂😂. And it was all links off of links to info that came directly from where I started, which of course was the Apple Wallet. Hopefully Apple sees this conversation, that picture I sent you is confusing and sent me heading in the wrong direction from the start.

Its a great design, I dig it! I don’t dig getting stuck in a sea of information trying to find the answer but totally get it now. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Oct 9, 2022 3:33 AM in response to OneQuickQuestionontheACash

Glad you’re all square now.

Re: “… seems like you would use that space to explain why you can’t use that virtual card/or Apple Cash card like any other card …”

Clearly, writing for a worldwide audience - with the widest possible range of pre-conceptions and notions about usage - is an extremely challenging proposition; for even the best technical writers.

Apple DEF shifted the paradigm with these hardware-integrated, “virtual-only” cards (the AppleCard is the same);

The accompanying verbiage could probably stand to use a bit more of an “up-front” outline of the fundamental differences.

Apple Cash Virtual Cards Got Me Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.