Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G related Issue India

Hello I just want to know that when the new iOS update is going to release for 5g connectivity in India,as a leading smartphone makers what you guys were doing since long Airtel announced the upcoming of 5G few months back & now when 5G is released & now they are saying that they have provided the facility for the testing of 5G to Apple & will release the new iOS update for 5G enabling....like seriously why you guys not tested it earlier the cheap Chinese smartphones are already enabled & already started using 5G.Now tell me when is the new iOS is going to be released for 5G connectivity...???

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 3:14 AM

7 replies

Oct 9, 2022 9:09 AM in response to abhayfromchernivtsi

See -> https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/what-is-5g-and-what-does-it-mean-for-iphone-users-in-india-8185169/

5G services are about to kickstart soon in India. 

Where can I get 5G service on my iPhone?

In India, Reliance Jio, Airel and Vi will offer 5G services. Reliance Jio plans to offer 5G services in a phased-out manner. As part of the first phase, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Chennai will get 5G services by Diwali. The operator said it will continue expanding its 5G coverage footprint gradually. Airtel’s 5G services, on the other hand, will be available in eight cities including DelhiMumbai, Varanasi and Bengaluru. The company will cover most major cities by March 2023 and the entire country by March 2024.

How much do I need to pay for 5G services on my iPhone?

As of now, no telecom operator in India has revealed 5G traffic plans. With operators investing huge amounts in creating infrastructure, they will need to launch 5G services at the right price. Union IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw recently said that the government will ensure that the 5G plans remain affordable for the public. As one would expect, 5G tariffs are expected to be more expensive than 4G. 

5G related Issue India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.