Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro wont turn on after being in a sleep mode

Hi everyone!

I need help with my MacBook Pro 2018 (i5, 8GB, 128GB). A month ago it started having a problem with sleep mode. Computer was shutting down completely and needed to be restarted almost every time. After restarting it was showing an error and macOS was loading. While connected to power fans kept running at high speed. Now it won’t turn on after being in a sleep mode. After few tries, running disk utility, and first aid it boot up.

I also tried:

-completely reinstalling MacOS

-switching sleep mode to hibernation

-fixing disk permissions.

Also the computer won’t turn on diagnostic mode. Even when I hold Cmd + R it runs the online recovery.

Any clues what’s the problem?

Also in past this Mac sometimes needed to have a battery disconnect to boot up.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Try to "Restore" the firmware on the laptop by following the instructions in this Apple article:

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

You can also try an SMC Reset making sure to read the article carefully since the process is different for a 2018 Mac than it is for older models:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

If you still have problems after these things, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 5:58 PM in response to gracjan128

Try to "Restore" the firmware on the laptop by following the instructions in this Apple article:

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

You can also try an SMC Reset making sure to read the article carefully since the process is different for a 2018 Mac than it is for older models:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

If you still have problems after these things, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

MacBook Pro wont turn on after being in a sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.