Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syncing

How can I sync my iTunes onto my daughters iPad? Her ipad is logged in with my account. We use “family sharing”.

not sure if I’m missing a certain setting on my phone, or her iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 6:10 PM

Typically you would sync a device with iTunes. Each device can sync with its own selection of content. Alternatively you can use a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match to allow your library and devices sync over the air. While you can let your daughter use your Apple ID for music and podcasts the expected arrangement is that each user has their own Apple ID for media as well as iCloud etc. Family Sharing lets you share qualifying purchases and subscriptions, it doesn't give access to each other's media libraries.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 6:10 PM in response to Andrea059

Typically you would sync a device with iTunes. Each device can sync with its own selection of content. Alternatively you can use a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match to allow your library and devices sync over the air. While you can let your daughter use your Apple ID for music and podcasts the expected arrangement is that each user has their own Apple ID for media as well as iCloud etc. Family Sharing lets you share qualifying purchases and subscriptions, it doesn't give access to each other's media libraries.

tt2

iTunes syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.