Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhone storing new pictures

I want my old iPhone 8 to stop getting the new pictures I am taking with my new phone.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:15 PM

Your iPhone 8 is syncing pictures that you are taking with your iPhone through iCloud. You can turn this feature OFF on your iPhone 8 by opening Settings 👉 Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Photos: Set this switch to OFF. Once you do this then photos will stop syncing between your iPhone 8 and your new iPhone. Nothing will be deleted on either of the iPhones.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 8:15 PM in response to Thee_Philosopher

Your iPhone 8 is syncing pictures that you are taking with your iPhone through iCloud. You can turn this feature OFF on your iPhone 8 by opening Settings 👉 Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Photos: Set this switch to OFF. Once you do this then photos will stop syncing between your iPhone 8 and your new iPhone. Nothing will be deleted on either of the iPhones.

Axel F.

Old iPhone storing new pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.