Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device management

i accidentally erased my data on an ipad and I was just making it again and every time i try to do that it forces my to do device management as if it was a business ipad , I have tried to remove it in general setting but I’m not able to remove it, how can I get rid of this and make it a normal iPad again

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 4:25 AM

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 4:25 AM in response to jaxson66

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

Device management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.