Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone was stole and Apple ID changed

my second iPhone 6s was stolen and everything erased after my Apple ID was changed

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 9:21 AM

7 replies

Oct 10, 2022 9:28 AM in response to asaph51

You probably fell for this common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

See SravanKrA’s post for next steps.

Oct 10, 2022 9:48 AM in response to asaph51

Re: “… my second one has been stolen from my house and all security settings compromised …”

If your credentials weren’t phished by a clever scammer as already suggested …

… the ONLY other possibilities are that your phone was insecure to begin with (no passcode set, or else an easily-guessed passcode) …

… or it was taken by someone who KNEW your passcode.

Oct 10, 2022 11:10 AM in response to asaph51

This is a user-to-user forum; Apple is not here. No users can help you recover your phone. Apple cannot help you recover your phone. Your phone is gone forever, and, as you gave the thief your Apple ID and password all of your data is now in the hands of a criminal. So take whatever precautions are needed to prevent your identity from being stolen and used to access any bank accounts or other financial data that you had access to from your phone

My phone was stole and Apple ID changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.