Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any reason NOT to take 3GS to iOS 4.02 ?

Greetings to all,

I have a 3GS w/OS 3.1.3, AT&T (US)

I see many reports of people not-satisfied with iOS4.x, but then, I see many reports from people who are just fine with it. And of course, the only people complaining are the ones with problems... if most people are just fine with this, I haven't seen much discussion.

If it influences the opinion, my plan is to get an iPhone 4 at some point, and I will be selling my 3GS -- does the presence of iOS 4.x hurt my resale value? Do the people buying the 3GS (32gb) for use in other countries or networks typically care what OS is installed?

Can anyone name some compelling reasons why I should NOT upgrade my 3GS from 3.1.3 to 4.02 ?

Thanks,

J

macbook pro C2D 2.33 17" 3GB ram, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2010 7:53 AM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2010 7:58 AM in response to Jeremy Roberts

Most people never have a problem, and therefore do not even know about these forums.

In over three years and three different iphone models, I have not had a n issue with any upgrade.

Each and every time , since the very first one, a new update comes out, these boards are awash with complaints. I would guess that with each and every new update in the future that this trend will continue.

Aug 13, 2010 8:47 AM in response to Jeremy Roberts

Hi,
I agree with roaminggnome that there are lots of people who have no problems with the 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 updates.
But a quick search through this forum will show complaints from people who are experiencing several issues since update.

Since I updated my iPhone 3GS from ios 3.1.3. to ios 4.0.2. I have:
lost WiFi (option greyed out)
lost bluetooth
frequently getting No Service and dropping calls.

Once you update, you cannot go back to 3.1.3.

It's your choice, there are arguments to support upgrading and not.

Hope that helps.

Any reason NOT to take 3GS to iOS 4.02 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.