Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download NIK collection as it needs to open with Rosetta

I have an iMac 24" M1 2021 running Monterey v. 12.6. When setting up the mac I had to set up rosetta as one of my apps needed it. I am now trying to download NIK Collection vs. 2 but it will not allow me to run it. According to NIK I can run the app using Rosetta 2 but my system doesn't ask me to use it to install the program it just says I need "macOS 10.7 or newer and it will now close".

It seems I need to have the apps installed to run it using rosetta but I can't install the apps for some using rosetta. I am really baffled here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Susan

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 6:52 PM

Once Rosetta 2 is installed, you won't be asked again. However, that error is not because of Rosetta 2. The error is because the app installer doesn't recognize the OS version and thinks it is prior to 10.7.

There's nothing that will make that work short of the developer fixing the installer, but the software is not compatible with Monterey (per jricketts link). You need one of the two newest versions, 4 or 5.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 6:52 PM in response to sooperduty

Once Rosetta 2 is installed, you won't be asked again. However, that error is not because of Rosetta 2. The error is because the app installer doesn't recognize the OS version and thinks it is prior to 10.7.

There's nothing that will make that work short of the developer fixing the installer, but the software is not compatible with Monterey (per jricketts link). You need one of the two newest versions, 4 or 5.

Oct 10, 2022 12:49 PM in response to sooperduty

10.7 or newer requirements?

10.7 goes way back. In fact its own requirements may refer to the old PowerPC/Rosetta which was 10.6.8 and earlier, not 10.7 or later.

Rosetta 2, is the application style used for Intel CPU apps on M1 processors.

Even 10.15 all apps had to be 64 bit to work. A 10.7 app is highly unlikely to be 64 bit, although it could be.

I'd contact the vendor providing the App to verify which Rosetta they are talking about.

Oct 10, 2022 2:39 PM in response to sooperduty

If you are talking about the NIK Collection 2 that is published by DXO, they have a compatibility matrix on their support site that indicates version 2 is only compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave), and 10.13 (High Sierra). There is no support for macOS 12 (Monterrey) or 11 (Big Sur), thereby negating any support for Apple Silicon, such as the M1.

Unable to download NIK collection as it needs to open with Rosetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.