Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to i move my text messages to my new phone

how do i move my text messages to my new phone

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 8:21 PM

Do you use iCloud for Messages? If YES, then on your new iPhone, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Messages: Set this switch to ON.

If you do not use iCloud for Messages then you will have to restore your iPhone from a computer backup that you may have created.

If you are asking about starting from scratch and transferring ALL of your data (including Messages) from your old iPhone to your new iPhone, then follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 8:21 PM in response to Bravismo

Do you use iCloud for Messages? If YES, then on your new iPhone, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Messages: Set this switch to ON.

If you do not use iCloud for Messages then you will have to restore your iPhone from a computer backup that you may have created.

If you are asking about starting from scratch and transferring ALL of your data (including Messages) from your old iPhone to your new iPhone, then follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Axel F.

how to i move my text messages to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.